Creating a Zoom Meeting Room
Zoom provides a quick and easy process to sign up for a free account and begin using a personal Zoom Meeting Room. Please keep in mind that free accounts have a limit of 40 minutes per zoom session. If you would like to keep your zoom session on longer than 40 minutes you will need to upgrade to a paid license (approx. $15 US monthly)
To create a Zoom Meeting Room you must start by registering for the service.
- Go to Zoom’s signup page. You might first be asked to enter your date of birth. Zoom requires a birthdate because anyone younger than 16, is not eligible to sign up for a Zoom account.
- You will next be presented with a few options for creating an account. At the top, you can enter your email in the box labeled “Your work email address.” If you do this, move on to step two. Even though Zoom asks for a work email, a personal email should work fine.
- You can also create an account by clicking the “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with Facebook” buttons, after which you just download the Zoom desktop app and move on to step seven.
- If you entered an email, Zoom will send an activation email to that address. Click the “Activate Account” button in the email or copy and paste the activation URL into your browser to activate your account.
- On the page that opens up in your web browser, you’ll next be asked if you’re signing up on behalf of a school. Click the “No” button and then click “Continue.”
- On the next page, fill in your first and last name and a password.
- On the next page, you can invite other people to create a free Zoom account via email. You can skip this step.
- Next, you’ll be given a link to your personal meeting URL and will have the option to click an orange “Start Meeting Now” button to start a test meeting. If you copy that URL into your browser or click that orange button, you should be prompted to download the Zoom desktop app. Follow the prompts to install the app.
- After you’ve installed the Zoom app, you’ll see buttons to “Join a Meeting” or “Sign In.” To start your test meeting, click “Sign In.”
- On the next screen, enter the email and password you just used to sign up for Zoom in your browser. If you registered using the “Sign in with Google” or “Sign in with Facebook” buttons, click those buttons here and follow the prompts.
Creating a Zoom Meeting Room
Zoom allows you to create a zoom room link to a recurring meeting room. You can use this link to schedule meetings with multiple occurrences, so that each occurrence uses the same meeting ID and settings. You can also set a recurring meeting to be used at any time. To Schedule a recurring meeting and use this link as your Personal Zoom Meeting Room, follow these steps:
Please remember that free accounts have a limit of 40 minutes per zoom session, including recurring meetings. If you would like your recurring zoom meeting to last more than 40 minutes, you will need to upgrade to a paid license (approx. $15 US monthly)
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Follow the steps to schedule a meeting.
- Make sure the Recurring meeting option is checked.
- Fill out all the remaining options and click SAVE.
- You can now use the recurring meeting link URL provided by zoom